Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Desperate Housewives and Urban Minx Style

All right, already! I'll admit I'm guilty of watching Desperate Housewives for more than just the fashion. I love watching the melodrama even if it does create a little of my own when my sweetheart is subjected to yet another hour of torturous "girl TV". Having lost my previous TV partner and longtime closest girlfriend, D, to the abyss known as law school, Honey has been forced to endure Desperate Housewives, and my new favorite, Gossip Girl, every week.
Round Pocket Hounds Tooth Coat
Tulle $145


If that wasn't bad enough, I insist that these shows call for an actively participating audience; an opinion on characters, situations, and fashion choices is a must. Previously a passive and taciturn TV watcher, Honey has proven his love for me by his grudging willingness to participate, and I simply tune out his complaints. No longer!!!

Long Sleeve Stripe Henley Shirt
Rebecca Beeson $72.00

I have discovered that Desperate Housewives love the clothes from Urban Minx! Carlos Solis adores our Ted Baker, Gabrielle (Eva Longoria) enjoys her Juicy and Twisted Heart sweat suits, Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher) and many of the characters consistently wear Rebecca Beeson and Ella Moss, even Beth Bowley on occasion. Last week our Thermal Gauze Short Sleeve Henley was worn on the show in Navy. Every episode I pause my TiVo and crow, "That's ours, that's ours, see it?" It is a small but integral part of my job to follow trends and to know who is wearing our clothes. It makes me inordinately happy when it is that easy.

I frequently spot the clothes and designers we carry worn by celebs (Faith Connexion is becoming huge, by the way), and all the fashion mags have bits and blurbs about items we carry. We are seen every week in some TV show or another, but nothing is as guaranteed as one of those housewives wearing Minx garb in every episode. Even when the garment worn is not one of ours, like that stunning Michael Kors hounds tooth jacket worn by Edie Britt (Nicollette Sheridan), it looks Minx-like. If you don't want to pay the hefty $2,395 for the Michael Kors, you will love our version priced at $145.

So for now, thank you Desperate Housewives' stylist! If I could only get Gossip Girl to follow suit…

--- Michelle

Royalty Pant in Black

Juicy Couture $120.00

No comments: