Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ask Anton

Dear Anton,

I have a shimmery gold colored dress for Christmas parties. It’s already pretty flashy – what should I do about my makeup?

Lizette

Howdy Lizette,

Merry Minxmas to you! I’m totally ready to rock the Christmas parties too; only two more weeks until the big day! Golds and silvers make awesome party frocks this season; metallic tones are so big right now! I’m loving the simple dresses from Michael Stars in lame gold and steel silver: at UrbanMinx we have the Ava Dress, the Layla Dress, and the Abby Dress. But if you already are shining like a star, you don’t want to go overboard with the makeup.

Use a matte lipstick in deep red or burgundy. Line your lips first with a pencil two shades darker than your natural color, then fill in the lips with the same pencil. Go over with your lip color, and skip the gloss. You’ll get a deep rich pout that screams siren without stealing the show. I recommend the Napoleon Perdis Lip Patrol in Corporal Drama or Sergeant Deco.

Keep the rest of your face neutral, and highlight your eyes in smoky shades of grey. Try a charcoal, chocolate, or navy liner mixed with a dusky colored shadow. Don’t use anything with too much glitz and glam – one metallic sheen is gorgeous, too many will make you glow like a treasure chest.

The important things to remember when doing your face are Matte and Dusky – stay away from Dewy and Bright. Follow those tips and you’ll be the star of any Christmas party!

Anton

No comments: